Bar and Lounge Reviews
My husband and I have been dining at Three of Cups for years and have always had a great meal. There are a variety of great Italian meals to choose from. The soups, salads, pizzas, pastas, and entrees are all incredible. If you want a great meatball then you must visit! The owners always come around to greet you and the staff is very friendly. Linguine and white clam sauce, cesaer salad, risotto specials, etc... are all delicious!!!! Dining here is a must!!!!!!!
I'm from Brooklyn, I know good food!
Born in the L.E.S. n raised in Gravesend (Brooklyn). I know good Italian food (especially Pizza & Pasta) and the Three Of Cups has both. Thin crust pizza fresh from the wood burning oven with all types of choices as toppings. VG pasta and new specials, dishes when i come back to the place after i been away for awhile. Prices & portions have always been very fair (especially considering how the East Village has changed). I have recommended the place to friends and even family and everybody has been happy. I don't have to leave Brooklyn to get a good Italian meal, but i do go to the East Village for the Three of Cups.
Great place to be with family
It was an great atmosphere to be with family. i went with my family and we all loved their great tasting food, excellent service
All i can say about this place is WOW!! i went there with five friends, they sat us right away. i told the waiter we were really hungry so they got us our food quickly. the waiter was very polite and helpful. they place was beautiful!! if you are looking for the most pleasant meal of your life, i recommend this place...awesome!! will be back very soon
Love this place
I have been going here for 5 years and it is still amazing! This is my go to Friday night happy hour and pizza place. The staff is always helpful and the food no matter pizza, pasta, soup is always great. I have NO complaints about this place
Good pizza, good service, good times!
The pizza is good but the lamb stew is what's up, i've been coming here for a long time and i've never been disappointed, staff is always chill and food is always fast, i always eat at the bar. nice to have a place that never changes, is always good.
Favorite Brunch Spot
Been here with my roommate a couple times for brunch. The french toast is delicious!! I dream about it. Service is fast & good, always the same waitress who is funny & always remembers us. Good special, came with a mimosa which was delish. Definitely our fave brunch spot in the village. Polenta was good too...but that french toast is too damn good.
Excellent pizza and authentic Sicilian cuisine
Highly recommend Three of Cups - there's a reason it's been around for over 15 years. The pizza is to die for... authentic thin crust brick oven pizza - always cooked to perfection. The pasta tastes like it's right out of grandma's kitchen... And, you can't leave without trying the arancini. Considering how good the food is, the prices are surprisingly inexpensive. If you enjoy Italian and or Sicilian food - you'll love it. An added bonus - it's a great place for people watching and celebrity spottings. Must try!!
Very good rustic italian pizza
Best rustic pizza, antipast, salads we have found. We had a large party all from out of town and they were very accomodating and responsive to email questions. The specials were exceptional.
Great place for a group
I needed to arrange a dinner for 37 coworkers prior to seeing Stomp. Three of Cups was able to handle a group of this size well in the semi-private side area. Servers were extremely attentive to ensuring drinks were kept full, and that food was presented hot. The fixed group menu had an excellent variety and a reasonable price. The bruscetta was the best many had ever had. Also, the selection of beers and wines was great. Whether dinner for two or a group of 40, you'll be happy here. Everyone also appreciated it was informal, and getting dressed up wasn't necessary.
A great restaurant is an accumulation of a lot of things. Decor, food, service. Three of cups had all three. The decor is rustic, clean and comfortable. The service was impeccable. They didn't mind that we had more or less people than on the reservation and was willing to move tables and chairs around for us. Even though we were in the back and alone, they were VERY attentive and would pop in and out to make sure we had everything we need. The pizza was creative and we actually got several small pies to split (but they were a little small for a group). I would recommend getting large pies to split in a group. Pasta dishes were also very good and flavorful, but again, small. They didn't offer family portions so we ordered several. But overall, my friends and I had a great time and we left feeling full and satisfied.
Great night out
My friend and I were looking for a place to go. I am so glad we wandered into Three of Cups. We were seated promptly- the decor is fabulous and the crowd is hip and eclectic. The restaurant/ lounge is a maze but it just adds to the charm of the spot. The wine was great and my dinner- the artichoke and goat cheese ravioli was to die for! The prices were also surprisingly reasonable. I will definitely be coming back to Three of Cups.
Pizza is simply the best
Three of Cups is not just a pizza place. Although whenever I go I tend to order at least one small pie, the place has great dishes all around. Try some of their specials, you'll always be in for a treat. And their salads are some of the most interesting ones in Manhattan. But the pizza--I would die without it every week or two. Three of Cups: My favorite restaurant in New York
I live on Staten Island and travel to the East Village every week just to eat in Three of Cups. We have been comming to this restaurant for five years and plan to continue. I have eaten in many places throughout Italy and believe me, this is as good. The food here is spectacular. It is fresh and well prepared. The service is friendly and cheerful. The owner, Anthony, welcomes everyone with a smile and a conversation. He makes sure your well taken care of. He goes out of his way to make sure you are happy. Many of the patrons are on a first name bases with there servers.Well prepared food, from the pizzas to the fish. I recommend EVERYTHING! Everything on the menu is reasonably priced, including the excellent wine list. Now you know why I travel from Staten Island and pay two tolls. Its worth the trip. Out of Your way for this place
- The pizza is amazing, the pasta is delicious and the ambiance makes the place what it is. Every dish I've eaten there has been cooked to perfection, they have a good selection of wines on the menu at reasonable prices.
They accomodate large and smaller parties and the staff are friendly and helpful.
Also, if you're looking for your local to have a good night at with a great happy hour, the bar down stairs is great. A metal/dark/red-light filled lounge with cute friendly bartenders.
- Recently went back to Three of Cups after a long hiatus. Needless to say, it is just as I remembered -- cozy and low-key (if you hang around the restaurant area). What draws me to this location is the excellent ambiance and the low cost menu
- I love the sangria here...nice and strong! Also the pizza is cripsy and great! They have a oven that is out in the bar area so you can watch them make the pizza you order. Crust is crispsy and toppings are good :p Yummy!
- One of the places I miss most in NYC. Started coming here the year they opened, haven't been since I left the east coast. The wood-oven, artichoke/rosemary pizza was a favorite, as were the mussels. The downstairs bar is the epitome of rock 'n' roll!
- I've never eaten here, but have ordered pizza from here many times. In my opinion it's the best personal size pizzas in the city
- One of the best Margherita pizzas I've ever had...Straight up. Cheap vino for happy hour and one of those pies...My day couldn't be better.
- Great italian pizza spot in east village
- I really have a soft spot in my heart for this place. I just like it. The food is solid. The space is very warm with an antiquey, gothic vibe and fun music to boot.
- Cute place, nice bartender and good happy hour specials. i will go back for sure.
- The atmosphere is very cozy here with good italian food! what more do you need! my friends are all about the sangria whenever we get together here! my favorite dish is the calamari salad!! a must have!!!
- I love the atmosphere in this place. The restaurant has a classy atmosphere with dim lighting and large booths where you can sit comfortably with 4-6 people. The portion sizes are generous.
- I ordered the Spaghetti Puttanesca and could barely finish it. My friends ordered individual pizzas and raved about them. I highly recommend this place for dates/group dinner/anything!
- Nice place to meet up with friends - get some good wine and good food. Friendly staff.